In March, the entire Nellis Group team read The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness, by Jeff Olson for the Nellis Group Book Club. The Slight Edge is a motivational book that goes over a way of thinking that helps you to strive towards a successful life. There are daily habits and choices that, when compounded over time, make or break you, and this book gives you insight into how to create powerful results from those daily actions. Here are some of the key insights from each member of the Nellis Group’s Slight Edge book review:
- Success doesn’t lead to happiness. It is the other way around. Happiness leads to success.
- Sometimes you need to slow down to go fast
- Simple productive actions repeated consistently lead to success
- Being busy and being productive are different. Don’t just do things to do them. Do them the RIGHT way.
- You must be willing to get on a path and stay on it for the long term to progress
- Give yourself something to work towards constantly
- Don’t complain about what you allow
- The size of a person is defined by the size of their problems
- If you are not making someone else’s life better, you are wasting your time
Some pretty powerful content on building towards a life of success. Some of the good marketing habits that have made the Nellis Group successful involve our 8 unique services that we provide all our sellers. Stay tuned next month as our book will be Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service.
Each month, the Nellis Group Book Club chooses and reads a book that helps us grow in the 4 key areas of our lives; Business, Health, Wealth and Personal Growth. These books help our team not only grow as individuals personally, but help our team to develop new habits, new ways of thinking, problem solving techniques and customer service skills that translate into the best Real Estate experience for all of our clients. We encourage you to read along with us and share your findings with us in the comments section. (Link to buy the book on Amazon or Kindle)